Thursday, April 16, 2009

Target, how do I lurrrve thee?

Let me count the ways:

1. Orla Kiely for Target- As you may know, I adore Orla (Huz once rightfully accused me of picking out our home color scheme based on the colors on my Orla Kiely handbag). Now that my wallet's a tad tighter, I can't afford everything Orla, and was so excited to see she's joined the "design for everyone" movement. I bought four of her melamine dinner plates and four of her salad plates. Who cares what your food looks like when it's served on such lurrrvely patterns? With my cooking, I need all the distractions I can get! They were out of the mugs and bowls and only had one of each plate style left, so I got one of each for a super colorful table:






2. Target Home Organic Sheets - Even though they had 450 thread count sets for about the same price, I opted for the greener and softer 250 thread count organic sheet set in white (which is really an off-white). You can't beat the comfort of organic cotton, plus they were on special for less than $50 for the queen set (regular price online is $49.99):




3. Greenroom Eco File Folders - I work from home and little things like pretty patterns for my folders and notepads make mundane tasks a little more doable. Plus, it's nice to know that I'm filing away my priceless thoughts in products made from recyclable materials and non-toxic soy-based inks. Unfortunately, I can't find these on the Target site, which leads me to believe they're in-store only. But it's worth the trip:

No comments: