Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Shampoo sans shower.

A good friend sent me a package a few months ago...apparently I had whined about wanting to try dry shampoo enough times that she decided to put me out of my misery.

God love her for it, because this shampoo has changed my life. I'd tried the Bumble & Bumble dry shampoo a few years ago--it's a powder and comes in white (for blondes) or darker shades for darker hair--and while I'd liked it OK, I found it difficult to apply the right amount. I either ended up with not enough powder and really greasy hair, or squeezed out WAY too much and ended up with white locks. Plus it didn't smell very nice.

This stuff, however, is going to be a regular purchase from now on:


It's a spray formula, which means it's much easier to apply evenly and focus where I need a little more absorption--and for me, since it's a daily struggle to get out of bed in the morning, I was desperate for a way to keep my must-be-washed-every-single-day hair from looking like a greasy mop on the days when I barely managed to find a somewhat non-wrinkled outfit and make it to work on time with my teeth brushed.

It doesn't smell great, but it's no worse than your average hairspray--and the smell fades as soon as the spray dries.

Lurrrve. It.

No comments: